|Title||Brahms: Six Songs|
|Instrumentation||Bass Clarinet & Piano|
|Range||Extended range instrument NOT required|
In 1896, Brahms' publisher, Simrock, released an arrangement of six of the composer's songs for 'cello and piano. Because the composer was still alive at the time of the publication, it is believed that he knew of and approved of the arrangements.
This transcription for bass clarinet is faithful to the 'cello original, providing the student or performer with access to this lovely, lyrical repertoire. While the range and technical requirements are fairly limited, making the songs quite accessible, there are worthy challenges of phrasing and breath control.
The songs included in this collection are:1. Feldeinsamkeit (In Summer Fields), Op. 86 No. 2
2. Wie Melodien zieht es mir (Like Melodies it floweth), Op. 105 No. 1
3. Sapphische Ode (Sapphic Ode), Op. 94 No. 4
4. Wiegenlied (Lullaby), Op. 49 No. 4
5. Liebestreu (True Love), Op. 3 No. 1
6. Minnelied (Lovesong), Op. 71 No. 5
Listen to the work in its original instrumentation!
Piano score: 15 pages, spiral bound
Part: 7 pages, staple bound